Monday 24 June 2013

MitoQ - A Little Bottle Of Heaven?

MITOQ_SKINCAREMITOQ_SKINCARE_BLOGGER_REVIEW
BLOG_REVIEW_ON_MOISTURISER_THAT_WORKS_ANTI_AGING


“MitoQ works to enhance and rejuvenate skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, scars, brown spots and skin discoloration, as well as reducing the thinning of the skin that occurs with ageing.”

I've never been one to splurge on expensive skin care and focus on skin regimes. I used to see them as taking precious sleeping time before bed. That is until I started reading beauty blogs and blogging myself, I now have a complete different view of skin care and I love spending the extra 10 minutes morning and night making sure I'm taking full care of my skin to give it its full potential of goodness. 

When I received this little treasure which is MitoQ, I was over the moon and just could not wait to try it out; in fact I started using it the very same night. I wanted to use this for at least three weeks before reviewing it to make sure I get the full benefits from this product, and so that I can obviously give you an honest review. Within days of using MitoQ I found that my skin was so much softer, yet at the same time was also developing to become firmer. I've tried a lot of moisturisers which do the basics of moisturising and which usually make my skin soft for the initial first use but I found with MitoQ my skin felt so fresh and had been at its softest I've ever felt it which lasted throughout the day, even with makeup application the moisturiser in your skin remains. I also felt that my makeup went on more smoothly than normal when applying the cream beforehand.

Packaging!
As you can see the way this moisturiser is presented is just lovely, the bottle looks elegant with simplicity, it hasn’t been created to jump out at you and show off in a way but remains simple and structured with a glow to the bottle which still does stand out from the norm of moisturisers. I think the way this moisturiser is presented shows its level in price, it’s very classy which I think is important for an expensive product. I keep this in my bag when I stay out throughout the week and it still looks perfect now even after weeks of being thrown around in my overnight bags.

Pro's
+ The touch of my skin has improved completely
+ As soon as I apply MitoQ my skin softens and relaxes, the tightness I usually feel on my face disappears for most of the day to follow
+ This is also an anti-aging cream, recently I began to see a single small line showing up underneath my lower lash line, it’s probably not too noticeable to people but for me it’s something that I'm worrying about (wrinkles at my age?), since I’ve been using MitoQ moisturiser I found that I don’t really notice them at all now, this is definitely something I would consider using in my later years too. Probably like most of you, I would like to prevent any wrinkles for as long as possible!
+ This helped to give me a smoother overall complexion

Con's - (& a bit of a pro)
- Around Christmas time I had a slight breakout of acne type spots on one section of my face which have now scarred. I was really hoping this product would help to clear the acne scars and because everyone’s skin is completely different I can only speak for myself but for me personally using this moisturiser day and night did not disappear the scars totally. However in a better light (and moving into a good point), this is the only moisturiser after trying several different high street brands that helped to reduce my acne scars to at least half the visibility as previously, which I am over the moon about
- Not really a major issue but it’s hard to tell how much you actually have left in the bottle (so you can start saving for the next one)

Holiday Skin?
I thought I would include my experience of using this in the sun! I went away on holiday to Spain last week and took this with me, obviously! I found that my skin felt awful after a day in the sun even when using sun creams, but as soon as I applied this at the end of the day it was such a relief! I felt that any sun damage that could have appeared that day was being soothed and corrected as soon as I applied this, it really was heaven! I would 100% recommend this to treat holiday skin, even though I'm sure that isn’t the sole aim of this product.

How to use?
I use this both morning and night after I have cleansed my face, I apply one pump from the bottle and I find that is just enough to cover my entire face. Any odd days where my skin feels really tired and worn out I tend to apply two pumps (just to treat myself).

The Science Behind the Miracle Cream
MitoQ works by targeting organelles called “mitochondria” within the body’s cells with special antioxidants - substances which help the body to fight cell damage and the effects of ageing. The MitoQ story started over half a century ago with the discovery of CoQ or Coenzyme Q10 (also known as ubiquinone) by Dr Frederick Crane in 1957. CoQ10 is a co-enzyme, a functional molecule present in every cell in the body. Co-enzymes are like catalysts that help enzymes perform their function effectively. CoQ is a perfectly designed molecule and is one of nature’s ultimate antioxidants. It is present in all cells in high levels when we are young but concentrations reduce steadily as we age. Celebs which include TV presenter Anthea Turner and the girls from Atomic Kitten have sworn by this bottle of heaven (facts from MitoQ.com).

Has anyone tried out MitoQ yet? If so, what were your results? 
If not, would you consider splurging on skincare?

1 comment:

  1. Great review!!

    I just followed your blog!! Check out mine?

    XOXO ♥ Kia

    http://www.cosmoglossblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are read and very much appreciated, so thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...