Wednesday 10 April 2013

Sleep in Rollers Review!

Hey lovelies, hope everyone’s well? I got these rollers as a birthday present from my brother in January but haven’t posted about them until now because I wanted to get a better after picture of my hair. I’ve only ever used these properly (full head) twice as they are a bit time consuming, but I use 2 or 4 every time I'm going for a night out just to curl the front of my hair. I do find these pretty pink things come in useful; I put them in a few hours before going out to get added volume and curl. I've decided to do a REVIEW of these SLEEP-IN ROLLERS for any of you thinking of purchasing :)
SLEEP_IN_ROLLERS
SLEEP ROLLERS IN! This picture was before bed.
This was the result the next MORNING! Still pretty perfect after a nights sleep, right?
SLEEP_IN_ROLLERS_RESULTS
The final result, all curled up with added volume!
Final result from Sleep in Rollers!!!

  • Section your hair into three parts, equal side sections and then one section through the centre
  • Begin with the middle section, I start with the front and take about a 2cm width section and begin to curl around the roller from the end upwards to the root, there’s then a gap between the roller and cover/velcro to slot in your grip/clip.
  • Continue this for the whole front section going from front to back, each 2/3 cm width around the roller- you should get about 4 rollers filling this part
  • Then do the exact same with both side parted sections from top to bottom of the parted sections, and again for the back of the hair, this bit can get a bit difficult so usually I just curl the back with curlers
  • Leave curlers in overnight, or throughout the day (minimum of 4 hours I’d say)
  • Remove grips and rollers starting from the bottom/underneath of the head working your way upwards- when removing twist curl around your finger to fall into place, add some hairspray!!
Pro's
+ These curlers give you loads of volume in your hair, if you’re someone who finds it hard to add volume to flat hair then these would be great for you
+ Curls stay in place for longer
+ After wearing these in bed and tossing and turning they stay in perfect place, they practically look as neat when you wake up as they do when you put them; I was very surprised!
+ Kirby grips/clips slide in perfectly between the rollers to hold your hair firmly in place around the roller
+ These Velcro rollers are soft and squidgy which helps with comfort
+ Sleep in Rollers offer free delivery when you spend £17.95 (I love free delivery)

Con's
- These can be a bit of a nightmare to sleep in, however since as long as I can remember my sister has always told me pain is beauty- definitely in this case. I didn’t find it unbearable to sleep with these in (like some reviews I’ve read have said) but I did wake a few times in the night with discomfort but fell back to sleep straight away
- My neck was a bit achy in the morning, but noting I couldn’t handle. Pain is beauty!!
- These are quite pricey, I think you can pick up similar curlers from somewhere like boots for a cheaper price

Top Tips
  • Add a bit of mousse to your hair before hand; this keep curls in place longer
  • Hairspray rolled hair while rollers are still in to keep shape stronger
  • Roll the rollers from end to root of hair tightly
  • If you want curled hair for a night out I would advise putting these in early in the morning, then letting them set throughout the day rather than sleeping with them in
  • If you do sleep with them in, position a pillow under your neck to fill the gap where there aren’t any curlers otherwise it’s like your neck hasn’t got anything to rest on (if that makes sense)
  • Go over any messy/wavy curls with hot hair curlers after you’ve taken your rollers out
  • Use a good strong hairspray on finished curls!!!

"GOODBYE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, HELLO GREAT HAIR!!!"

 Hope this helps if you're deciding on purchasing some of these (you can buy Sleep in Rollers here)
 
For regular post updates, you can follow me on the below:

20 comments:

  1. I've been wanting some of these for ages, the results look good so i might have to give these a try! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted mine for ages too! I just had to get them :) xx

      Delete
  2. I hateeee sleeping in rollers, it's so uncomfortable. I roller set my wet hair and dry it weekly. This looks awesome to preserve styles!


    -Trina
    trinawears.blogspot.com | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound really good, I've never tried sleeping in rollers xx

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love them, sleeping can be uncomfortable but I think it depends on how much of a deep sleeper you are, I hardly wake up anyway aha :) xx

      Delete
  4. I have these & my hair always looks a bit 50's housewife when I take them out so definitely going to try your method! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really! Yeh I'd say curl them after then :) hopefully it will work for you xx

      Delete
  5. The result looks lovely! I've heard a lot about these! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! I know I did too, just had to get some :) xx

      Delete
  6. wow your hair looks lovely! I'm not sure if I'd be able to sleep in these but I think I'll definitely have to buy some and give it a try :)

    Thanks for sending me your link from the bloggers chat - following you!
    thefloralrepublic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks lovely! If you can't sleep in them they work good wearing them in the daytime too :)

      Thanks for following xx

      Delete
  7. I think I prefer using rollers to curling tongs - it's more healthy for your hair too!
    Great results :)
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh definitely! I hate using heat on my hair but I just do it so much anyways, I'm trying to use rollers more xx

      Delete
  8. Did you start with wet, dry, or damp hair?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really beautiful,
    I like that,.
    curly hair

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not very easy to invest money in the best hair rollers on the market. If you want to read reviews, customer feedbacks, expert opinions before buying, visit our website. Our step by step guide will help you to find the perfect rollers for your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment?s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.hair curler machine

    ReplyDelete


  12. Huge summer sales On wear Men, Women & Kids
    Fashion Trends of the Fall 2021 Season Classy outfits
    In search of the right kind of shoes to wear funky heel sandals
    Refresh Your Style with Men’s Fashion latest fashion clothing
    Velvet fabric resonates with luxury and royalty. Bring out your inner diva this winter season by filling up your wardrobe with velvet jackets & trousers for women


    ReplyDelete
  13. Frases de amor para enamorar Actualmente hay muchas personas que buscan en Internet ayuda de como enamorar a su pareja, yo en lo particular creo y pienso que si es muy probable que en Internet encuentren bastante

    Frases Para Enamorarz

    ReplyDelete

All comments are read and very much appreciated, so thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...