Tuesday 30 October 2012

REINVENTING the white shirt

 
I really do love the idea of being able to reinvent my own clothing and this is such a popular trend at the moment what with being able to cut, stick and sew things onto garments (love cut up Levi’s). I feel like I never have the time to sit and recreate a garment but it is always a nice idea! I only have a few things I’ve managed to get my hands on to edge up by adding spikes and studs. This is the most recent reinvention I have managed to sit down and get stuck into. I found this old white shirt that I would never usually wear so thought I would add some studs to the piece.



  

I looked around online before diving in to get some inspirations of studded shirts and I wanted to focus particularly on the collar (obviously) so I looked at shapes and positioning of studs on collars etc. I decided to give it ago and I’ve discovered home DIY is actually very easy and fun and is definitely NOT a man’s job (Ha)! I ended up getting a bit too carried away and found myself looking for the next item to change, but for the time being I think I’ll leave the DIY to the professionals, before I have none of my original clothing left! I got these studs from a little market in Essex for only £1 a pack but they offer great deals on EBay


xx

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! You've probably done it neater than most shirts you buy like this and pay an extra £10 for :)
    http://fashionsings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It did take me very high concentration levels to get the studs this even :)

      Delete

All comments are read and very much appreciated, so thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...